Because all the cool kids are doing it (namely two of my writing partners)…
1. It’s October. How the hell is it October? Wasn’t it just June? *sadly waves goodbye as the warmth slowly seeps from the earth* At least it being Autumn means fresh, local apples and warm mulled cider.
2. I want to go apple-picking this year. I’ve never been and for some reason I have the urge to do it. One of these weekends.
3. I fell back into my old habits of just sitting on my butt in front of the computer all day. Now more of my jeans don’t fit. This means it’s back to letting Jillian Michaels kick my butt again.
4. At least I’m eating better and drinking more water. Today’s lunch was baby spinach with feta cheese and walnuts and just a little dash of balsamic vinegar.
5. Speaking of food… I made lemon-raspberry bars the other night. OMGYUM! They’re not the healthiest snack ever (a full cup of butter and nearly 3 cups of sugar! YIKES!) but they are so delicious and so flavorful that only a small piece is satisfying.
6. Speaking even more of food… It’s a cold and rainy day so think I’m going to make some corn chowder in the crock pot for dinner tonight.
7. Autumn is generally when my husband’s job gets super busy. This means he’s been working seven days a week for at least 9-10 hours a day. Having the alarm go off at 5am (or earlier) every morning is really throwing my sleep schedule off and I’m certainly feeling the effects.
8. I also haven’t seen him very much and I kind of miss him.
9. Because of the continuing wangst surrounding negative reviews I’ve decided not to continue rating my 52 books in 52 weeks list. I’ll still add the books I’ve read to the list though. If anyone wants to know what I think of certain books, definitely feel free to ask and I’ll be more than happy to tell you.
10. My birthday is coming up. I’ll be 32 this year. I seriously do not feel that old.
Bonus 11. Halloween/Samhain is also right around the corner. This makes me ridiculously happy.