1. It’s Thanksgiving Week and we’re having my in-laws over for dinner this year.
2. That means I’m going to be busy for the next couple of days cleaning and cooking.
3. After we eat dinner here, we get to head to my mom’s to have another meal with my family.
4. I feel full just thinking about all that food.
5. I will NOT be shopping on Friday or Thursday evening. I abhor the idea of Black Friday and people mauling each other in order to buy cheap “stuff”. It makes my stomach churn.
6. I’m looking for urban fantasy books which feature a female protagonist who doesn’t end up in a romantic relationship of some sort.
7. It’s proving a very unfruitful search.
8. I can find plenty of urban fantasy male protagonists who remain single throughout the entire series, though.
9. The gender disparity is particularly irksome to me, so I may just have to keep romance out of the Alex series on principle.
10. And, finally, if you have an extra three hours to spare, here’s a modern adaptation of Hamlet from PBS. It features both David Tennant and Patrick Stewart.
Wishing you all a very Happy Thanksgiving (and if you don’t celebrate it, have a Happy Thursday)!
Hubby and I are heading off to his aunt’s house in a few minutes and then later tonight we’re going to my mom’s. I feel stuffed already. Okay, that may be because I made honey ginger carrots to bring to my mom’s and I’ve been munching on them all morning because they are so yummy.
I know I haven’t been posting very much lately, but life is so hectic right now.
I’m trying to whip When Demons Cry into better shape by adding scenes and expanding the ones I already have.You would think, since I already know what’s going on, that this would be easy. But no.
I have a friend’s manuscript that I’m critiquing. Or, to be more accurate, I’m trying to find the time to critique a friend’s manuscript.
After more than eighteen years of not going to the dentist, I’m now playing catch-up with them. This coming Monday I’m having three wisdom teeth pulled. Yikes! This will be my very first serious medical procedure. Then there’s the consult with the orthodontist next month to discuss possibly getting braces. Then there are cavities to be filled and a chipped tooth to be fixed. I’m not sure if, at the end of this, I’ll be terrified of going to the dentist or blasé about it.
Along with all of this comes the standard holiday chaos. Thanksgiving this week, Christmas a month from now. Yikes!! Christmas is only a month away. There’s so much I need to get done before then and no way it’s all going to be accomplished.
I need to start planning an actual website for myself and not just this blog. I tried explaining to my husband why I wanted a website before I’ve got a contract, but he just doesn’t understand. Ah well, I love him anyway.
At least stressing about all of this other stuff is keeping me from stressing about being out on submission, right?😀